There’s still time to voice your support to the Labor Committee! The deadline has been moved to next Monday, April 18th at noon. Please take 4 minutes to let this crucial committee know the bill has your support. (Instructions are below, or just head here if you’ve done this before.)
For those of you who have not submitted a letter before, here are detailed instructions on how to submit your Labor Committee support letter:
- Go to the California Legislature Position Paper Portal
- If this is your first letter (Welcome, and thank you!) you need to set up an account. This doesn’t take long at all. Then you can follow the below steps.
Once you have an account and are logged in:
- Under “Select a Bill”, (top left) enter Measure “SB” from the dropdown menu, and “1116” next to that. Click on “Search”
- Under “Select a Committee” (bottom left), choose “Labor, Public Employment and Retirement” from the dropdown.
- Hit “Support”
- If you’re representing an organization: upload a support letter. See the attached for a template version you can put onto your own letterhead and use.
- If you’re an individual: Write something brief that says who you are and why you support this. If you’re a union member, mention that! (Not necessary, but highly relevant for the Labor Committee.)
The note can be just a few sentences.
Thank you for your invaluable support of this effort. Momentum is with us on this; if we succeed, we could create a truly exciting new foundation for vibrant theater which builds jobs, equity and community across California!